Although this site contains links to other websites, please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those, or any other, sites. If you have questions about how those websites collect and use data, you should carefully read those sites’ privacy policies.
What data do we collect? How do we collect and use such Data?
Ampersand may collect personal information from you when you visit our Sites and provide such information. “Personal information” (also sometimes called personal data) is information that is associated with an individual and enables that individual to be singled out. For instance, Personal Information includes your name, mailing address and email. We collect Personal Information from you when you provide such information when registering for our newsletters, marketing materials or promotions or when you ask us questions or for more information regarding Ampersand through our “Contact Us” page. Please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in the marketing communications if you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us.
You may provide us with directly identifiable Personal Information through our “Contact Us” page, when you register for our marketing materials or if you sign up for one of our promotions. We will keep a record of this Personal Information you provide, including your email address and any other personal information you provide, solely for the purposes of responding to your inquiry or providing you with relevant material and, where you have consented, with marketing communications about our products and services. We may disclose this personal information to third party marketing automation service providers, such as an email service provider, solely for those purposes; those service providers are not permitted to use this information for any purpose other than providing marketing services to Ampersand.
Personal Information also includes information that does not identify you directly, but that may indirectly identify your device, such as your IP address (“Pseudonymized Data”). We may collect Pseudonymized Data when you visit our Sites. We store such Pseudonymized Data in server logs, including, but not limited to browser type, IP address, operating system, the date and time of visits, the pages visited on the site, time spent viewing the site, and return visits to the site. We may also use a service provider, such as a website analytics company (e.g., Google Analytics), that records Pseudonymized Data such as browser type, operating system, the date and time of a visit, where visitors came from, the pages visited on this website, the time spent viewing site, where visitors went when they left the site, and return visits to the site. We may aggregate this Pseudonymized Data to better understand how visitors use our site, and to help manage, maintain, and report on use of our website. We may also store IP addresses for fraud detection and prevention purposes. We may share this Pseudonymized Data with third parties for reporting on use of our website, or to comply with applicable law. We also may share this data with our service providers. We may also collect Pseudonymized Information to provide you with relevant advertising regarding our products and services when you visit other sites based on your visit to our Sites.
Information Posted to any forums, chats or blogs
If you choose to use a forum, a blog, participate in a chat room or otherwise use a social networking feature available through the Site, you should be aware that any Personal Information or other information you post can be read, collected or used by other users of the Site, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages or used in an otherwise unauthorized manner. We cannot be responsible for any Personal Information you choose to post through those means and we recommend careful consideration before you post such information.
Sweepstakes, Contests, Games & Surveys
From time to time, Ampersand may conduct sweepstakes, contests, games or other promotions, and also conduct surveys through the Sites. If you choose to participate – unless otherwise noted in the applicable rules, terms and conditions, or disclaimers – we may use the information you provide in connection with the administration of the applicable promotion, including for selection and notification of sweepstakes or contest winners and for creation of new promotions, and/or to publish survey results in aggregate on the Website. Except where necessary to administer a sweepstakes, contest, game or other promotion, or survey, unless you have otherwise agreed or unless required by law, we will not share or publish any response you give connected to your name or address. We will hold these responses only as anonymous statistics.
Third Party Content, Links, and Plug-ins
Ampersand uses cookie technology as part of Site’s statistical reporting and for other purposes related to making the Site available to you. A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a website that is saved on your hard disk by your computer’s browser. It holds information a website may need to personalize your experience. We may also utilize cookies to identify if you are logged into a Site account.
A Web beacon is an electronic image, also called a single-pixel or clear GIF, placed in the code of a webpage or in emails. The Sites uses Web beacons to track traffic patterns of users as they navigate from one page to another. This information lets us tune and improve our users’ browsing experience. As with cookies, the information that Web beacons collect is aggregated, “click stream” data that is not directly identifiable to you as an individual.
We also use Web beacons through a third party website analytics provider, as well as standard Web server log files, to help us count visitors and evaluate the Site’s technical capacity. This information tells us how many people visit the Sites, and helps us decide how to arrange pages in the most user-friendly way. This also helps us keep the Sites’ browser-friendly and more useful to our users.
TO WHOM DOES AMPERSAND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
Ampersand may disclose to third parties Personal Information that it collects as follows:
- Operation of the Website: We disclose your Personal Information to third parties where necessary to provide the Website and its features and functionality to you.
- At Your Request: We disclose your Personal Information to a third party whenever you request us to do so.
- Business transfers: If a third party acquires all or substantially all of Ampersand’s assets, your Personal Information, aggregated information, and any other information that we have collected in connection with the Website may be transferred to such third party as part of our business assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered one of our assets and may be sold or transferred to third parties.
- Disclosure of Personal Information for legal purposes and protection of Ampersand and others: We reserve the right to share your Personal Information with third parties if required to do so by law, or if we believe such action is necessary in order to: (1) conform to the requirements of the law or comply with legal process served upon us; (2) protect or defend our legal rights or property, the Website, or our users; or (3) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person.
- Service Providers: We use third-party service providers to perform certain services on our behalf, such as processing, storing, maintaining and transmitting data, processing and fulfilling email and other promotional campaigns, and providing marketing assistance, web analytics and data analysis. We may provide your Personal Information to these third-party service providers when the information is necessary for them to perform their duties. These third-party service providers are contractually restricted from using Personal Information for any other purpose and required to comply with all applicable laws with respect to the Personal Information they receive.
- Government Agencies: We will disclose your Personal Information to third parties if required to do so by law.
- As Otherwise Permitted by Law. We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
HOW YOU CAN DECIDE WHAT COMMUNICATIONS YOU’LL RECEIVE FROM THE WEBSITE
If you have opted-in to receive communications from the Website, you may opt-out of receiving further communications by sending an email to marketing AT ampersand.tv with the word “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the subject line. Please allow up to 10 days for us to process your request.
This Site was not developed for, or directed at, children (as defined by applicable law). We do not knowingly collect information from children (determined in accordance with the age requirements for the applicable country). If you believe a child has provided us with personal data and you would like to have the information removed, please contact us at privacy At ampersand.tv
Transfer of Data in the Event of Acquisition
In the event that another company acquires all or substantially all of the assets of our business through a consolidation, merger, asset purchase, corporate reorganization, or other transaction, we reserve the right to transfer all information (including any information a user may have provided through our “Contact”/“Contact Us” page on the Site) that is in our possession or under our control to the acquiring party.
We follow generally accepted security standards to protect Personal Information against unauthorized access to, unlawful processing of, unauthorized retention of, and unauthorized disclosure of data. These standards include undertaking necessary physical, electronic, and management activities required to protect data integrity, access, and use. However, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. We will have no liability for disclosure of your Personal Information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission. To the extent you establish an account at the Site, you are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password, and you shall be responsible for any access to or use of the Site by you or any person or entity using your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by or on behalf of you, and whether or not such person or entity is your employee or agent. You agree to immediately notify Ampersand of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may contact us at privacy AT ampersand.tv.
Effective Date: September 23, 2019.