Privacy notice for California
What personal information is processed?
Through your use of our Sites, we may collect personal information through the use of third- party cookies, including without limitation, analytical information such as the pages and services viewed, emails from us that you opened, browser, operating system ("OS"), Internet Protocol ("IP") address and device information.
You may also provide us with your personal information through our “Contact Us” page such as your name and email address.
We may also receive your information from our clients and process it on their behalf as their service provider. Please reach out to the specific client for more information.
For what purposes is your personal information processed?
Each category of your personal information may be processed for the following purposes:
- Compliance: to fulfill obligations provided by law and regulations.
- Customer services: to provide you with a response to your questions regarding our Services.
- Marketing: to send marketing communications to you such as our newsletters, information about our events, new products and services, and updates/news on existing products and services.
How do we protect your personal information?
Ampersand maintains appropriate security, technical, and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk of unauthorized access to, and accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, and unauthorized disclosure of, personal information transmitted, stored, or otherwise processed. We ensure that our third-party service providers who access or handle personal information on our behalf maintain the same safeguards.
Why is my personal information disclosed?
Each category of personal information described above will be disclosed for business purposes and to the extent necessary for Ampersand to fulfil its obligations under applicable law.
Ampersand, or its third-party service providers, may process your personal information for the purposes described above. Such third-party service providers may manage Ampersand’s customer relationship databases, to send newsletters and to perform other business purposes.
Except as described above, Ampersand does not
sell your personal information for monetary or other valuable consideration.
California Consumer Privacy Act Rights
If you are a resident of California, you have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA):
- to request disclosure of the categories and specific pieces of your personal information that has been collected;
- to request deletion of your personal information that has been collected (with exceptions);
- to request disclosure of the categories of personal information collected; the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information; the categories of third parties with whom the personal information is disclosed; and the specific pieces of personal information collected;
- to request disclosure of the categories of your personal information sold and the categories of third parties to whom your personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom your personal information was sold; and the categories of your personal information disclosed for a business purpose;
- to opt out of the sale of your personal information; and
- nondiscrimination should you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
To exercise your data privacy rights or to obtain more information, you may contact Ampersand at:
- By email at: privacy AT ampersand.tv
- By US mail at: National Cable Communications LLC dba Ampersand, 151 West 42nd Street, 11th Floor, New York, New York 10036, Attn: CCPA Data Rights
- You may also exercise your right by calling +1 (877) 760-5658.
Ampersand will need to verify your identity and the services which your information may be tied to (e.g., Ampersand corporate marketing services) prior to responding to your request.
If you have difficulty accessing any material on this privacy notice because of a disability, please contact us in writing or by telephone and we will work with you to make the information available.